Friday, April 27, 2007

ode to my friends in la-land

and sometimes you already make up a story and then try to make it come true, and then an even better one comes along and this time its real! =)

well its been sometime suince i actually wrote here, so here goes. well, life's been good to me lately. and mamahbiak said something that really hit me the other day. She said 'han, why do u always say that', this was when i realized, me the optimist have become a distrustful person. I make the term "too good to be tru" come to life.. i had never heard anyone say that abt me b4. but its tru, i do that. if someone says that person is really nice, i say BS, u just dont know them. and i dont mean that in a wrong way, i just find myslef let go of believing in things i dont see proof of. Since im not built this way, my heart first goes to the good in anything, then my mind intervenes and i decide to look closer b4 i draw any conclusion. So..

The things i have seen proof of are my singapore family. mamahbiak is the crazy friend who can tell what im thinking by just looking at me (scares me sometime ;)), she may have a short term mem but the girl rem what she wants to, and she has a soulful, beautiful singing voice. she's amazing! and felly is more like a sister to me, the sis i can share music, embarrasing stuff, take advice from, borrow clothes, and eat the jap pancake with! =) Roxy is the most impressive graphic designer, she is even better as a friend. we might have trouble understanding each others accents (lol) but.. at the end of the day, she's there for me and that means the world to me. Fd is the crazy friend i miss, he used to be so funny and spontaneous, i hope he comes back soon! then theres rlk she is the funnest person. She has had a life i wud dream of, living in europe as an exchange student, worked in NY, travelled and is so strong even while she isnt in her best of health. I love her spirit! truly inspiring!!

these are the people who make singapore home to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ve been to singapore when I was 11. dont remeber much of it. Is it a good place to live and work? I heard its 100% literacy over there....AMAZING!!!

Niah said...

yup its an amazing place! =)