Friday, January 26, 2007

the horrors of cooking~!


ah, yes its 4 am and i just had a thought that i just had to share on my blog. well yes as the title suggest, i am speaking about the horrors of cooking. Honestly cooking freaks me out. It is soooo stressful! i mean first you go shop for the vegetables and pray you get the right ones, then you bring them home and decide what to do first. shall i cut the veges or shall i wash them first. So i wash them.. still wondering what i shud be doing next.. So then while cutting i discover that a different knife must be used to cut a tomatos and a different one for potatoes. i mean... how the heck was i supposed to know that! and then im afraid everytime..and thinking to my head. 'haniah be careful.. dont cut your finger off' which actually used to be funny some time back. But it sooo isnt funny now. well once im done with tht. i prepare myself for the shooting garlic.. which jumps out like fireworks if u put it in warm oil. so i keep the lid on standby. after which i start to look at all the spoons and cutlery i will have to wash after im done making a small 2 day meal!! :( yes so then i put all the ingredients in.. as im supposed to. After which the next stress level begins... try to not burn your food. i keep the flame on the lowest, yet it always manages to do some sort of damage to my food. So i put 10 min timers on my cell phone so i can keep checking. until the dish is done.
then i thank god its over! happiest moment of the day (trust me)
oh yea and watching friends compulsively helps too ;)

ok then.. im thinking of this right b4 sleeping cuz now i finally understand my moms stressful face as she wud ask us. So what do you want to eat tom. and we wud say, whatever u want mom. and she wud insist we told her.. because truly deciding on the food choice (and worrying abt keeping your weight in check) is indeed a HUGE decision! dunno how she did it for so long.. just dont know how!

heres to all moms! :)

6 comments:

GuNs said...

You cant cook too??
Sheeee...there goes my free lodging/boarding opportunity on my next Singapore trip.

Kya yaar...

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

Niah said...

oh yea.. no food cooking by me!
althoh i can direct you to the nearest mcd's!

GuNs said...

MCD's isn't free, you know !

Niah said...

ooh yea.. nothing in sg is free!! nothing at all... no freebies! :(

GuNs said...

You mean you wont allow me free lodging & boarding at your place when I come to visit Singapore? [:(]

Sheesh, I've been buttering you up for nothing then !!

Drat !

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

Niah said...

lol